Strategic Account Management for transformational change
By creating bespoke activities or tailoring off-the-shelf modules, we’ll help you build the right approach to get started – or to advance Strategic Account Management, Key Account Plans and Programmes you already have in place.
Research from Harvard Business School and the ‘Strategic Account Management Association’ show that well executed Strategic Account Management can transform the performance of suppliers, growing profits by 50% or more.
ACTIVITIES run at three levels: 1. Transform (Organisational) 2. Boost (Team) 3. Sharpen (Individual)
These link strategies, propositions and operational delivery to accelerate your performance.
Dependent on your needs we may offer an extensive programme or short sharp workshops, think-tanks, training centres, e-based support or coaching:
Here are examples of areas we cover.
- Developing your business case for Strategic Account Management – Current position and status quo expectations, market opportunities, size of the prize, investment and risk reduction, milestones and RoI: Developed through sharing market insight and analysis
- Engaging your ‘top team’ – Building leadership support, alignment and active support. Highlighting the ‘vision’ and the hurdles. Developed through one to one discussions, team sharing and intense, pragmatic workshops
- Identifying your programme ‘stepping stones’ – Setting the blueprint for success. Examining major steps, customer selection, people deployment, proposition development, pricing milestones. Developed with programme champions and leaders.
- Creating the strategies for your success – Establishing Key Success Factors, applying ‘road-mapping’ methodologies. Highlighting, ‘must win’ activities and cross functional roles. Developed through analysis, debate, experience, best practice and innovative ideas.
- Developing customised account plans – Selecting your Key/Strategic customers. Developing an actionable 12-point plan which addresses the market, the customer, competitors, capabilities, risks, options and actions. Embedded through a formal planning process with our coaching.
- Developing progressive relationships – Training sessions to strengthen your business relationships with the customer decision makers. Becoming the trusted advisor. Establishing stronger team relationships. Includes workshops to build internal alignment and partnerships.
- Leadership skills – Building the general management skills of your customer team and leadership group to pursue strategic account development. Helping them with setting the vision, energising success, engaging internal resources as well as developing customers. We’ll provide the coaching and training.
- Change champions – A few managers will be pivotal to driving strategy and change. We support these people with change management techniques, focused training, ongoing mentoring and by sharing our hard won experiences.
- Executive sponsorship – Top-to-top interactions can be highly productive. We can work with your leaders and account managers to prepare and rehearse key customer meetings, considering ‘campaign’ objectives and gaining commitments to obtain better outcomes.
To find out more about how we would build a bespoke programme for your organisation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org