Even within the same industry, different customers will value different things. For some, dependability trumps innovation. For others, fast payback is more important than return on investment. Understanding how your customers operate and what is important to them is essential for building progressive commercial relationships.
In reality the situation is often more complex. Whilst your customer’s corporate strategy may be clear, frequently the way that various locations, departments and key individuals within the organisation operate lacks consistency. Your business must be agile, adapting to meet such variations.
You’re likely to have expertise the customer doesn’t. This enables you to see implications of changes in the marketplace and opportunities the customer misses; such insights are the starting-point for evaluating and progressing new opportunities.
We can help you get to grips with your customers’ decision making processes and build a deep understanding of the alternative options they have to meet your supply requirements.
In many cases, people involved in customer decisions hold different perspectives. Some may require compliance to procurement rules, others the best technical solution, another supply chain dependability.
Whilst these differences need to be addressed, having a robust financial case brings everyone to the ‘same page’. Building such a case requires value based insight, strong customer relationships and commercial acumen.
Quantifying the monetary benefits is also essential to optimise the pricing you deploy.
Do customers appreciate the £/$/€ value you deliver or are you unnecessarily losing business or margin because your proposals and pricing strategies are not robust?
How we can help
- We’ll guide you on how to take a value-based approach with your customers and enhance margins. We’ll ensure your team understand and deploy concepts such as total costs of ownership, total value delivered and return on investment.
- Deploying our frameworks and value mapping will highlight where value is created in your customer’s’ value chain, revealing opportunities.
- We’ll help you ask the right questions to understand what is most valued by your customer to interpret and act off this.
- We’ll provide you with simple but powerful ways of presenting a compelling value case to your customer. This will raise your credibility and enable your customer to support the added-value you provide.
- We’ll guide you to optimise your pricing strategy to win more profitable business.