We believe that attention to competitive strategy is at the heart of key account management. Targeted customers favour purchasing from a particular supplier when they perceive better business outcomes for such investment than would be possible otherwise.
When it comes to pursuing valuable business, you may compete with suppliers who all have a good level of expertise, market coverage and some attractive products. You’ll need to demonstrate and build advocacy for the extra value you bring.
Your product, service and pricing strategies will be influenced by whether you are ‘defending’ strong partnerships with your existing customers or ‘attacking’ to win business currently held by your competitors. We’ll help you develop the right blend.
Creating Strong Partnerships
For your embedded key customers, we encourage investment in top to top executive sponsorship, team collaboration and strategic partnership arrangements. These will build value for you and the customer.
To nurture desired positions in target customers where you hold less power, we will look into deploying indirect activities – going piece by piece, winning small areas of business, building reputation and strengthening customer advocacy. When the customer reviews supply of their major areas of business we will make sure you’re ready to pounce.
How we can help
- By considering competitive positions and strategies we’ll get you to focus attention on what it takes to win market share.
- We’ll bring expertise, tool-kits and share examples of successes in other industries and companies, providing fresh insights and understanding.
- We can help you target particular competitors, assessing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Our approach is completely integrated, covering your services, products, pricing, market channels and relationship management.
- By opening up new avenues we will help you break through the barriers your competitors hold so you win a stronger market share of the customer’s spend or ‘wallet’.