We believe that attention to competitive strategy is at the heart of key account management. Targeted customers favour purchasing from a particular supplier when they perceive better business outcomes for such investment than would be possible otherwise.
Your product, service and pricing strategies will be influenced by whether you are ‘defending’ strong partnerships with your existing customers or ‘attacking’ to win business currently held by your competitors. We’ll help you develop the right blend.
Creating Strong Partnerships
For your embedded key customers, we encourage structured investment in top to top executive sponsorship, team collaboration and strategic partnership arrangements. These build value for you and the customer. They separate you from competitors.
To nurture desired positions in target customers where you hold less power, we will look into deploying indirect competitive activities – going piece by piece, winning small areas of business, building reputation and strengthening customer advocacy. When the customer reviews supply of their major areas of business, these will ensure you’re ready to pounce.
How we can help
- By considering competitive positions and strategies we’ll get you to focus attention on what it takes to win market share.
- We’ll bring expertise, tool-kits and share examples of successes in other industries and companies, providing fresh insights and understanding.
- We’ll help structure and stretch your thinking through well facilitated workshops and think tanks
- We can help you target particular competitors, assessing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Our approach is completely integrated, covering your services, products, pricing, market channels and relationship management.
- We’ll help inject some creativity into your thinking, through insights, challenges and creative tools and techniques.
- By opening up new avenues we will help you break through the barriers your competitors hold so you win a stronger market share of the customer’s spend or ‘wallet’.