Those in your team who are leading core customer programmes may require a new mindset and skill-set to drive the necessary change and customer focus.
Your key account managers will require broad business management expertise, as well as high impact leadership and influencing skills. We can work closely with your key people to help them require the requisite skill-set to coordinate short and long term developments, align cross functional teams and create joined-up approaches across complex multi-regional customers. And, of course, we will make sure they are experts in selling in challenging and complex environments.
Focus and Performance
Defining your objectives is a vital step to effective training.
Some organisations face internal barriers to change, others have sales opportunities but ‘win’ too few of these, while some are too reactive or classed as providing commodities that are judged only by price.
Sometimes account managers who are excellent with customers fall short internally, as their inbound communications cause chaos, delays and high resultant costs.
Before leaping into training activities it’s important to define required competencies and assess how your team currently performs. We will guide your selection of these high payoff areas for your skills development and provide you with strong returns on your investment.
How we can help
- Built from best practices from top companies, thought leaders, universities and our years of experience working with large corporates, we offer 17 modular programmes in key account management. These are customised and mixed to meet your needs.
- We’ll coach your leaders in change management, executive engagement with top accounts and in making customer programmes the stand-out initiative in your organisation.
- We’ll focus on identifying competencies that count, highlighting the high payoff skills and behaviours required today and tomorrow. These include leadership skills, consultative selling, creativity and business management expertise.
- We’ll assess how your team measure up. Competency-based interviews, customer activities, internal selling, emotional intelligence and psychometric testing may form part of our assessment mix. Following such assessments, your development needs can be pinpointed.
- We’ll take you to the next level, via training modules on account planning, developing account strategies and building progressive customer relationships.